Bodyguards and Assassins (2009) Donnie Yen vs Le Cung

Posted on 2:34 PM | By CroakerBC | In ,














IMDB

Bodyguards and Assassins was at the top of my can't-wait-to-see movies list. Every time I thought of about watching Donnie Yen pitted against Le Cung, my mouth watered. Well, I finally got to see that much-hyped scene today.

The parkour scene where Le Cung chases Donnie Yen through a crowded street is extremely spectacular and should make the Banlieu 13 team proud. But the confrontation between these two great ass-kickers, while excellent in and of itself, is a little disappointing. Perhaps it's just me, though, for I had too much expectations for this clash of the titans. Ultimately, it doesn't measure up to the standard set by the Donnie Yen vs Wu Jing (S.P.L) and Donnie Yen vs Collin Chu (Flash Point) fights. The not-so-good editing doesn't help either.

As can be expected, the ambush sequence is adrenaline-charged and well done, though I must say it is marred by too many melodramatic scenes that make it less exciting than it should have been.

The thing I love most about period movies is the weapon fights. Rapid-fire exchange of blows and the sound of metal on metal clash always gets my adrenaline pumping. I am happy to see Bodyguards and Assassins delivers some great sequences of martial arts weapons fighting.

Leon Lai is OK as a "kung-fu master" that fights with an iron fan but where the hell was Wu Jing when you needed him?

The copy I got didn't come with any English subtitle and I don't speak Chinese so I just watched the fight scenes. Wait for a review from Mark Pollard at kungfucinema.com.

Download the clip:
http://www.multiupload.com/H2DPTP2JKK (part 1)
http://www.multiupload.com/JUE6DRDLOM (part 2)

You need both parts before extracting.

File : 375 MB, duration: 0:23:48, type: AVI, 1 audio stream
Video : 343 MB, 2016 Kbps, 25.0 fps, 608*256, XVID
Audio : 32 MB, 192 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, AC3, CBR,

Comments (0)

Post a Comment